Julia Beilke is a mathematics and computer science major at Marquette University.
- Attended MSCS REU orientation.
- Met with mentor, Dr. Kim Factor, to discuss project details.
- Worked with Joel Miller to begin finding algorithms for a shortest path on k=3 spaces.
- Attended a talk by Dr. Brylow about how to give a good research talk and what goes into a proper research paper
- Examined the k=3 case in the distance problem using graph theory distances
- Started to learn how to use LaTeX and typed up a proof with Joel Miller
- Attended responsible conduct training with Dr. Brylow
- Attended an instructional session on using LaTeX with Dr. Corliss
- Finished writing a program to print optimal paths, greedy paths and their lengths
- Began to examine cases in which the greedy path was optimal and when it wasn't