Charlie Morley is a freshman Marquette University student studying Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics.
Charlie is studying possible areas of overhaul and improvement in IT and Systems Administration - administrator applications related to user authentication, permissions, systems management and diagnostics.
Week 1 (5/30-6/1)
- Attended REU orientation to meet fellow researchers and become familiar with the REU program
- Attended library research orientation to learn how to use Marquette's research resources
- Became familiarized with layout and pieces of Marquette's and the MSCS Department's technology systems
- Took on responsibilities in systems administration for the MSCS Department in order to gain an understanding of the practices and needs of system administration offices
- Had brief discussions over possible projects with project mentors
- Set up personal and project information in the REU documentation, defined short-term research goals as the project approach and details manifest more clearly
- Read a few texts on general systems administration techniques and authentication within systems administration to attempt to gain a basic understanding of the academic perspective on systems administration
- [Authentication and Authorization in Multilevel Security Systems for Public Administration, El Fray, et al.]
- [Decentralising Distributed Systems Administration, Hogan, et al.]
- [Keys to Successful Systems Administration, Akins, M.L. and Griffin, J.R.]
- [Specification of a Distributed Heterogeneous Systems Administration, Claude, et al.]